Ankle & Foot Physical Therapy
At Pivotal Physical therapy, we have extensive training in treating all conditions and diagnoses of the ankle and foot. We ensure the best outcomes for our patients by working one-on-one and staying up to date on all treatment techniques and research to best serve our patients’ needs.
Diagnoses We Treat
- Acute: Ankle or Foot Pain, Ankle or Foot Sprain, Plantar Fasciitis, Bursitis, Sesamoiditis, Achilles Tendonitis, Tibial or Peroneal Tendonitis, Ankle or Foot Fracture, Stress Fracture
- Chronic: Achilles Tendinosis, Tibial or Peroneal Tendinosis, Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, Bunion Pain, Metatarsalgia, Hammer Toes, Morton’s Neuroma, Turf Toe, Hallux Rigidus, Sever’s Disease
- Post-surgical: Arthroscopy, ORIF or OREF surgery, Achilles Repair, Bunionectomy, Bunionette surgery, Plantar Plate Repair, Osteotomy
What to Expect
Each patient that walks through our door is unique and has a different set of goals. We individualize all treatment programs designed to achieve those goals. Your treatment will always include some level of manual treatment, therapeutic exercise, and neuromuscular re-education.
- Manual treatment: Hands-on techniques to assist treatment goals. May include myofascial release, soft tissue techniques with or without a tool, stretching, or joint mobilizations.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Movement! May focus on strengthening, stretching, mobility, and balance.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Specific exercises that may involve therapist-assisted techniques to specifically re-train a muscle or movement pattern. Also, it may include postural correction and stabilization techniques.