Knee Physical Therapy
At Pivotal Physical therapy, we have extensive training in treating all conditions and diagnoses of the knees. We ensure the best outcomes for our patients by working one-on-one and staying up to date on all treatment techniques and research to best serve our patients’ needs.
Diagnoses We Treat
- Acute: Knee Pain, ACL or PCL Sprain and Tear, MCL or LCL Sprain and Tear, Meniscal Tear, Terrible Triad, Hamstring or Calf Strain and Tear, Patellar Tendonitis, Patellar Fracture, Stress Fracture
- Chronic: ITB Syndrome, Patellofemoral Syndrome (PFS), Osteoarthritis, Patellar Tendinosis, Chondromalacia Patellae, Osgood Schlatter, Baker’s Cyst, Runners’s knee
- Post-surgical: ACL and/or PCL reconstruction, Meniscal Repair and/or Arthroscopy, Total Knee Replacement, Terrible Triad, ORIF, Tibial Plateau Fracture, Osteotomy, Trochleoplasty, Patellar Realignment, MPFL Reconstruction, Microfracture
What to Expect
Each patient that walks through our door is unique and has a different set of goals. We individualize all treatment programs designed to achieve those goals. Your treatment will always include some level of manual treatment, therapeutic exercise, and neuromuscular re-education.
- Manual treatment: Hands-on techniques to assist treatment goals. May include myofascial release, soft tissue techniques with or without a tool, stretching, or joint mobilizations.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Movement! May focus on strengthening, stretching, mobility, and balance.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Specific exercises that may involve therapist-assisted techniques to specifically re-train a muscle or movement pattern. Also, it may include postural correction and stabilization techniques.