Shoulder & Elbow Physical Therapy
At Pivotal Physical therapy, we have extensive training in treating all conditions and diagnoses of the shoulder and elbow. We ensure the best outcomes for our patients by working one-on-one and staying up to date on all treatment techniques and research to best serve our patients’ needs.
Diagnoses We Treat
- Acute: Shoulder Pain, Elbow Pain, Rotator Cuff Tendonitis/Tear, Bursitis, Impingement Syndrome, Muscle Strain, SLAP and other Labral Tears, Biceps Tendonitis, Bicep Tear, Fracture of Clavicle, Scapula or Humerus, Shoulder and Elbow, Dislocation, Costochondritis, Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow), Medial Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow), Nerve Entrapment
- Chronic: Adhesive Capsulitis, Arthritis, Tendinosis
- Post-surgical: Arthroscopy, Rotator Cuff Repair, Total Joint Replacement, Reverse Total Joint Replacement, Bicep Tendon Repairs, Labral Repair, Capsular Tightening, ORIF or OREF
What to Expect
Each patient that walks through our door is unique and has a different set of goals. We individualize all treatment programs designed to achieve those goals. Your treatment will always include some level of manual treatment, therapeutic exercise, and neuromuscular re-education.
- Manual treatment: Hands on techniques to assist treatment goals. May include myofascial release, soft tissue techniques with or without a tool, stretching, or joint mobilizations.
- Therapeutic Exercise: Movement! May focus on strengthening, stretching, and mobility.
- Neuromuscular Re-education: Specific exercises that may involve therapist assisted techniques to specifically re-train a muscle or movement pattern. Also, may include postural correction and stabilization techniques.