Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
We understand the difficulty and frustration of obtaining quality health care for pelvic floor conditions. At Pivotal Physical Therapy, our patients receive One-on-One expert treatment for women and men. Our treatments consist of non-invasive holistic techniques:
- Core Training
- Manual soft tissue and joint mobilization
- Postural and breathing re-education
We provide a safe, comfortable, judgment-free space for you to freely express your concerns and seek the best care. At your evaluation, Our Board-Certified Women’s/Pelvic Health Physical Therapists take a thorough urinary system, bowel function, and sexual history, as well as any relevant orthopedic issues that may impact your condition. We are trained to ask the right questions, listen assimilate the answers, and use this information to fully understand your condition. Your therapist then performs a pelvic physical evaluation based on your symptoms and medical history, and carefully devises a treatment plan.
Pelvic Floor Dysfunctions we Treat
Pivotal Physical therapy treats both men and women with the following conditions:
- Pelvic Pain: We address the pain “down there” in both males and females due to many reasons, from muscle restrictions to nerve injury to post-surgical recovery.
- Bowel and Bladder Dysfunction: We address the embarrassing incontinence that can plague both genders at any age.
- Pregnancy and Postpartum injuries: We address the changes, scars, and trauma of the pelvis, pelvic floor muscles and perineum, and lower abdomen with childbearing.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse: We address the pelvic organ tissue changes that occur in women due to physical stresses, disease, and aging.
- Post-Surgical Pelvic Rehabilitation: We are well versed in the many post-operative protocols involved after pelvic surgeries of both genders.
Contact Pivotal Physical Therapy to Learn More
Pivotal Physical Therapy specializes in assisting patients with pelvic floor muscle dysfunction. We believe in clearly communicating with our patients. To learn more about Pivotal Physical Therapy and how we can help you, contact us.